Enrollment FAQ

  • How do I enroll my student(s)?

    Click on either NEW or Returning student registration.  Your student is “NEW” if they have NEVER attended Freeport School District before, and “Returning” if they have attended Freeport School District before (even if it was a long time ago).


    Do I have to enroll online?

    Yes, all registration is online.  We have computers available at the Enrollment Center if you would like, along with an Enrollment specialist who can help you with any questions you may have.


    What documents do I need to successfully enroll my student?

    In order to enroll in the Freeport School District you will need the following;

    • Proof of residency in the Freeport School District
    • ID of enrolling adult
    • Student’s birth certificate, passport or green card
    • Enrollment Forms

    ** If you cannot provide any of the above listed documents, our Enrollment Specialist can assist you**


    What does First Day Exclusion mean?

    First-day exclusion is when students who do not have an updated Illinois School Physical and Immunization record on file with the school are "excluded" or not allowed to attend school. Students entering PK, Kindergarten, 6th, 9th and 12th grades are all effected. If you have questions about your student and their status please contact our office or your student's school. 


    What school will my children attend?

    The Freeport School District is a boundary driven district, therefore, students are assigned a school based on the boundary your residence is located in.


    I want my students to attend the Jones Farrar International Baccalaureate School:

    Enrollment in the JF IB School is by application only.  Applications may be obtained from the school or the Enrollment Center.  Students must be in Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd grade to start at the school.  Students are not normally admitted mid-year.


    Requirements for Kindergarten:

    The student must be age 5 by September 1st.

    Record of up to date immunizations, Kindergarten physical and dental and vision appointments.


    Can I request a school transfer for my student?

    Yes, transfers are approved based on board policy and our administrative regulation.  You must apply for the transfer and submit all required documents.  Transfers may be revoked based on criteria listed in the administrative regulation and must be applied for annually.


    Enrollment Center Hours:

    School Year - Begining August 12th 

    The Enrollment Center is open Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm.  (Parents may stop in at the Transportation office from 6am to 8am if needed.)



    Enrollment Center Location:

    The Enrollment office is located at 2037 W Galena Ave, we are the second building.  Parking and the entrance are behind the building.  Enter in the door marked Enrollment.  If the Enrollment office is closed you may go to the Transportation office which is located on the other side of the building and they can help you.