Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Jeff Fitzpatrick, Athletic Director
Phone: (815) 232-0450
Mr. Fitzpatrick began as the Freeport High School athletic director on July 1, 2011. His prior experience includes over 20 years in the areas of teaching, coaching, dean of students, assistant principal and principal positions. Mr. Fitzpatrick holds a Master’s Degree in Business Education from Illinois State University and an administrative certificate from National Louis University. He is a strong believer that anyone can achieve their goals with the right attitude and work ethic. Go Pretzels!
Responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the Freeport High School athletic programs.
- Ensure that each varsity coach maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and materials at the conclusion of each season.
- Responsible for the development of a schedule of varsity and junior varsity and freshmen events.
- Responsible for securing officials for all home events, and assists in the coordination of transportation for all away events.
- Responsible for the orientation of all coaches regarding site and district policies, procedures and expectations; and ensures that all coaches comply with IHSA Rules and procedures.
- Works with the coaches and the school nurse to process athletic physicals and other required forms.
- Serves as a liaison between the athletic booster groups, coaches and administration.
- Works closely with the staff and administration to develop and enforce an athletic code of conduct which is consistent with the goals of the staff, administration and the district.
- Responsible for development and oversight of athletic department budget.